Friday, December 20, 2013

100 Favorite Movies

During the Spring of 2012, I wrote a script.  During the writing of that script, I procrastinated by making Top Ten Film lists by year from 1989-2011.  I'd write down every film I'd seen that year and then begin the difficult process of ranking them.  Once that was done and I still had a little ways to go on the script, I sought to make a list of things I'd keep in my wheel house, which gradually turned into a city-sized barn house.  

The chief form of my procrastination during the writing process has generally been in the form of penning these lists,  and I guess nowadays with this blog.  So, it makes sense to combine the two sometimes.  My favorite movies list is something I've been working on for a long time now and is something I don't think I'll ever be able to quantify.  It will probably always remained unfinished, growing, and evolving.  Nonetheless, I'd like to share my 100 favorite movies at this moment in honor of this 100th blog post.


25th Hour

28 Days Later

40 Year Old Virgin

About a Boy

Almost Famous

American Beauty

American Graffiti 

American Pie

American President

American Psycho

American Werewolf in London

Animal House

Annie Hall

The Apartment

Apocalypse Now

Back to School

Before Sunset

The Big Chill

Bridge on the River Kwai

Casa Blanca

City Slickers

Clear and Present Danger

A Clockwork Orange

Conan the Destroyer

Crimes and Misdemeanors

Dazed and Confused

Deliverance

Dial M For Murder

Die Hard 1-2

Donnie Darko

Drag Me to Hell

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

The Exorcist

Eyes Wide Shut

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

A Few Good Men

Forrest Gump

Goodfellas

Godfather 1-2

Halloween

Happy Gilmore

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Inception

Independence Day

Indiana Jones Trilogy

Inside Llewyn Davis

It's a Wonderful Life

Jaws

Jerry Maguire

Jurassic Park

The Karate Kid

Kill Bill Volume 1-2

The Last Picture Show

The Lion King

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lost in Translation

Magnolia

Manchurian Candidate

Meet Joe Black

Meet the Parents

Million Dollar Baby

Minority Report

My Cousin Vinny

Mysterious Skin

Out of the Past

The Outsiders

Pink Floyd's The Wall

Point Break

Pulp Fiction

Quiz Show

The Reader

Road to Perdition

Road Trip

The Rock

Rocky 1,3,4

Rosemary's Baby

Rushmore

Sabrina

Say Anything

Scent of a Woman

Schindler's List

Scream

Shadow of a Doubt

Sideways

Signs

The Silence of the Lambs

Silver Linings Playbook

Stand By Me

Star Wars Trilogy

Superbad

Talk to Her

Taxi Driver

The Ten Commandments

Terminator 1-2

Titanic

Trouble in Paradise

Unforgiven

Up

Up in the Air

Vertigo

Virgin Suicides

What About Bob

When Harry Met Sally

Y Tu Mama Tambien



No comments:

Post a Comment